The Leucadia 101 Main Street is recruiting a new Executive Director!
About the Leucadia 101 Main Street
The Leucadia 101 Main Street is a mature community based nonprofit whose mission is to support the Historic Leucadia North Coast Highway 101 Corridor by enhancing its economic and civic vitality, which includes promotion and marketing its vision, fostering partnerships, retail development and a ‘sense of place’ while acting as the lead advocate for its historic preservation and community cultivation through the engagement of all its citizens.
The Leucadia 101 Main Street is a nationally certified Main Street program with the Nation Main Street Center. The organization was founded in 2003 and has been steadily growing for the last 14 years. The organization is governed by a 14 person volunteer Board of Directors that oversee the work of the executive director.
Executive Director Job Description
The Executive Director (ED) is a crucial role in fulfilling the organization’s mission and vision. The Executive Director will work with the organization’s 14 person volunteer board of directors to manage and implement all Board goals and policies. The ED is responsible for the management and execution of four key promotional events throughout the year including: Taste of Leucadia, Leucadia Farmers Market, Summer Fun on the 101, and the LeucadiART Walk. The ED will also manage the Assistant Director, temp workers, and various contract employees. The ED will be a professional individual with a creative approach to community engagement. The individual will be the primary contact for business members, neighbors, and Main Street Business Owners. The ED will also have a significant role in interfacing with City staff, community organizations, public entities, and the Encinitas City Council. The individual must be responsible, well organized, and be a self-starter. It is extremely important that the individual has clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and the ability to manage multiple forms of communication at once.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- General office management, including bookkeeping, attending to office visitors, scheduling Board meetings, and scheduling various other meetings
- Hold regular office hours to interface with the public and hold office meetings
- Carrying out the policies and procedures of the bylaws
- Manage Assistant director, temp help, and various contract workers
- Oversee public events, direct/manage event planning
- Oversee all social media outlets (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Mailchimp)
- Ensure consistency of Leucadia 101 branding across various marketing platforms
- Attend all city meetings pertaining to the Main Street corridor
- Learn the history and project details of the N. Coast Hwy 101 Streetscape
- Serve as a representative of the organization on various working groups and committees
- Plan and execute the major fundraising events each year
- Manage business membership and recruit new members
- Oversee the financials and contracts for the Leucadia Farmers Market
- Recruit event sponsors and fulfill sponsorship contracts
- Oversee website maintenance and web content
- Maintain the 501 C(3) non profit “Leucadia Arts and Cultural Foundation”
- Manage fundraising and grant applications
- Manage general financial contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, training and/or professional experience in communications, economic development, urban planning or nonprofit organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to maintain cooperative working relationships with local business owners, community members, event vendors and government representatives
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and other related computer applications
- Proficient with WordPress, Mailchimp/other e-blast systems, and social media platforms
- Experience with graphic design and marketing campaigns
- Experience and knowledge of fundraising, grant writing, and/or event planning
- Ability to attend special meetings in the evenings
- Ability to work and coordinate special events on weekends
Salary based on experience
Generous PTO package
Health insurance coverage
Flex time off when working more than 40 hours per week
The job posting closes on June 7, 2017 at 5pm. To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to email@example.com