The Leucadia 101 Main Street is recruiting a new Assistant Director!
About the Leucadia 101 Main Street
The Leucadia 101 Main Street is a mature community based nonprofit whose mission is to support the Historic Leucadia North Coast Highway 101 Corridor by enhancing its economic and civic vitality, which includes promotion and marketing its vision, fostering partnerships, retail development and a ‘sense of place’ while acting as the lead advocate for its historic preservation and community cultivation through the engagement of all its citizens.
The Leucadia 101 Main Street is a nationally certified Main Street program with the Nation Main Street Center. The organization was founded in 2003 and has been steadily growing for the last 14 years. The organization is governed by a 14 person volunteer Board of Directors that oversee the work of the executive director.
Assistant Director Job Description
The Assistant Director is a part-time position managed under the direction of Leucadia 101 Main Street (L101) Executive Director. The Assistant Director will be responsible for managing the office, serving as the concierge for L101, fundraising, event planning, small business marketing, and other administrative tasks for L101. The Assistant Director will be a professional individual with a creative approach to community engagement, the ability to problem solve and strong communication skills for interfacing with our members, neighbors and Main Street Business Owners. The individual must be responsible, well organized, and be a self-starter. It is extremely important that he individual must have clear and concise writing and communication skills, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and the ability to manage multiple forms of communication at once.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- General office management, including processing mail, writing letters, upkeep of files, etc.
- Respond to visitors, incoming phone calls, emails and mail
- Create a detailed promotion/social media content calendar for each month and each L101 event
- Manage all social media outlets (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Constant Contact)
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all contacts, business owners and property owners
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all business and resident members, prospective members and membership renewal dates
- Research, collect and compile customer and business e-blast content
- Provide creative services and technical writing skills for newsletters, blogs, press releases, marketing collateral, web, social media and a variety of written correspondence
- Oversee work of volunteers and volunteer recruitment
- Assist with planning, marketing and successful execution of all L101 special events
- Assist with recruiting sponsors and fulfilling sponsorship contracts
- Assist with website maintenance and web content
- Assist with maintenance of the 501 C(3)
- Assist with fundraising and grant applications
- Assist with any additional daily activities assigned by the Executive Director or per request of the Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, training and/or professional experience in communications, economic development or nonprofit organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to maintain cooperative working relationships with local business owners, community members, event vendors and government representatives
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and other related computer applications
- Proficient with WordPress, constant contact /other e-blast systems, and social media platforms
- Experience and knowledge of fundraising, grant writing, and/or event planning, a plus
28 Hours a week
Partial coverage of health insurance
Partial coverage of cell phone bill (since having a smart phone is a requirement of the social media duties)
Flex time off (no overtime pay)
The job posting closes on September 8th, 2017 at 5pm. To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to info@Leucadia101.com.