Who We Are
The Leucadia 101 Main Street is a non-profit community based organization that works in partnership with our neighborhood, business owners, property owners, the City of Encinitas and the County of San Diego to preserve and revitalize our N. Coast Hwy 101 Corridor. We offer a wide variety of events each year that are aimed at creating a unique atmosphere for our residents to explore the community and stimulate our local economy.
By joining the Leucadia 101 Main Street you are supporting our events, programs and special projects in the community of Leucadia. When you join our organization you become part of a network of local residents, business owners and property owners committed to making Leucadia a beautiful place to live work and play.
Here are some of the top initiatives and events we have created over the past 10 years:
- Creating the Leucadia Entry sign
- Starting the Adopt a Plant Median project
- Founding the extremely popular Leucadia Farmers Market in 2005
- Aiding the Leucadia streetscape design process and facilitation
- Encouraging historic renovations and storefront improvements through our façade grant program
- Facilitating the installation of the temporary sidewalks and the design of the sidewalk stamp along N. Coast Hwy 101
- Reviving the LeucadiART Walk in 2004
- Starting Summer Fun on the 101, Leucadia’s Music Festival in 2010
- Reviving the Taste of Leucadia: Food for thought
- Creating and promoting special projects and events such as Light Up Leucadia, Howl-O-ween, and The Encinitas JoyRide.
- Coordinating the planting of 101 trees at La Costa Blvd and N. Coast Hwy 101
- Promoting our locally owned and operated business along N Coast Hwy 101 and Vulcan
- Becoming a Certified Main Street program in 2012
- Providing avenues for more public art in the community
- Creating a safe family friendly atmosphere where residents and visitors alike can use our downtown.